Here is a record of all notable changes made to the Astroid Framework.
V2.2.1: 8th May 2019
- Compatible with JD Builder & Quix.
- Set separate background colors for Sticky Header.
- Banner is now visible on the main page and all its linked pages
- Ability to use images(gif, jpg or PNG) as preloaders.
- Ability to load modules on the error page.
- Added label to the dates in a Blog.
- Joomla v3.9.8 Updated in QuickStart.
- Support for listing SVG, webp & tiff for images and ogg & webm for videos in the media manager. You still can’t upload SVG’s but if uploaded through FTP, they will be listed and can be selected through Astroid’s media manager.
- JD Profiler v1.2 Updated in QuickStart
- Media manager file path improved.
- Sticky logo on mobile issue fixed.
- Delete row button issue fixed. https://www.joomdev.com/forum/astroid-framework/3199-delete-row-how-button-disappears#15091
- Featured article listing is now fixed, giving you the exact number of leading, intro, column and links selected in the menu item.
- isis.js file is now only rendering for editor-xtd plugin popups on the frontend, thus ending the JS conflict with EasyBlog, JoomDonation and other 3rd party components that use tmpl=component for rendering.
- Minor known fixes.
V2.2.0: 6th May 2019
- New header layout added – Sidebar view
- Theming options added (user can now easily change the template theme color)
- Row level settings added to Layout
- Off canvas opening direction
- Background options added for 404 page
- FontAwesome v5.8.1 Updated
- 9 New Google Fonts Updated
- Mega menu active link color
- Language improvements
- Added the missing class “module-title” on split-title module style
- Missing color option on Background images
- Dropdown Arrow background color
- Removed the duplicate “/” from logo URL
- Minor known fixes
Note: After updating please read the post. Click here
V2.1.1: 5th April 2019
- Added row level setting option.
- Added Background Colour option for the background image
- Banner options improvements
- JD Simple Contact Form v1.3
- YouTube videos are now working.
- Language declaration in HTML tag
- Fixed Stacked Separated header style
- Mega menu “On Click” working for its submenu items
- Disabled the dropdown width for “Container” and “Full Width”
- Astroid menu icons visible after saving
V2.1.0: 14th March 2019
- Custom fonts (You can upload font files to the fonts folder of your template and can use them in Astroid)
- Ability to disable Astroid backend pre-loader (You can easily disable it via plugin manager. Search for Astroid Plugin)
- OG for all menu items enabled
- Added the hover and click options in megamenu as well as for the dropdown
- Menu Start and End Level on both mobile and site menus
- 2 New Preloaders added
- Blog Options also on Featured Articles
- Added the Gradient option in the layout editor and enabled all the other options(none. color, video & image) at each level
- Added French, German, Italian, Polish and Russian language translations for Astroid
- Joomla v3.9.4 Updated in QuickStart
- Register Login Module 1.11 updated in QuickStart
- JD Simple Contact Form v1.2 updated in QuickStart
- Font Awesome Library updated to 5.7.2
- Updated to Bootstrap v4.3.1
- Mega menu issues fixed
- Multiple custom badges on category layout now work fine within an individual color
- Custom CSS generated through typography is now written in a random CSS file instead of the output directly
- Frontend issues fixed
- getTemplate(true) issue fixed
- Joomla Menu Item Level image issue fixed
- Date-time picker fixed
- Coming soon time-zone fixed
- Typography Field minor bug fix
- Changed Read time icon
- astroidradio field now works in Popup too
- Improved the Mobile menu
- Custom SCSS file now working
- Fixed the alignment of Logo-text tagline
- Code editing popup now open to full screen
- Internet Explorer Menu styling now fixed
- IE Sticky menu fixed
- Frontend iFrame preview removed (future feature, was slowing the backend)
- jqery.jddrop.js file from the template folder. Path: astroid-template-zero/js/vendor/jqery.jddrop.js
v2.0.2: 3rd November 2018
- Overrides compatible with Joomla 3.9
- Fixed Mobile menu issue.
- Improved Articles badge issue.
- Improved Article rating issue.
- Improved Dropdown menu.
v2.0.1: 1st November 2018
- Added Global badge option in Article/Blog.
- Added option ‘none’ in the main menu and mobile menu (This disables the mobile menu).
- Joomla 3.9 updated in quickstart package.
- Animate.css updated to v3.7.0.
- Updated Google Fonts.
- FontAwesome updated to v5.4.2.
- Register Login module v1.10 updated in the quickstart package.
- Related posts view improved.
- Tag Positioning Fixed.
- Column level responsive settings bug fixed.
- Article rating improved. All settings are inherited from the Core Joomla Vote plugin now.
- Removed the duplicated modules_suffix class in the overrides.
- Removed _custom.scss file
- Removed rating.php file
v2.0.0: 16th October 2018
- Animation delay now possible on columns, section & element level.
- Added new blog article types: Astroid now comes with inbuilt integration for the following article types. Video :: Add YouTube or Vimeo video (demo: http://bit.ly/2yDmuhH). Gallery :: Create an image carousel (demo: http://bit.ly/2yGIDvB). Audio :: Add Sound Cloud or Spotify audio (demo: http://bit.ly/2OsaNF9). Review :: Add a review with rating’s (demo: http://bit.ly/2ynSerL). Quote :: Add a beautiful quote with author’s name (demo: http://bit.ly/2J0qYUj).
- Custom badges for articles (Editor’s Choice, Best Seller, Best Price, Hot. Trending, Custom)
- Open graph : Add custom open graph title, image and description for each article.
- Column responsive settings : Manage the width of each column for all bootstrap breakpoints.
- Contact information icon color picker added : easily change the color of the contact information section icons now.
- Custom color options in column level.
- Refresh button added in media manager.
- Menu module overrides added.
- JD Simple Contact Form added in quickstart package.
- JD Profiles lite added in quickstart package.
- JD SkillSet added in quickstart package.
- Added option to display social icons on coming soon page.
- Joomla 3.8.13 updated in quickstart package.
- IE11 compatibility issues fixed.
- Header Block module title issues fixed.
- Sp Page Builder compatibility issues fixed.
- Module title now displays for modules rendering in the Mega menu.
- Template COPY issue fixed (copying a template from Joomla template manager failed earlier).
- Improved Frontend UI
- Improved Backend UI
- Improved mod_articles_categories overrides
- Improved search module
- Improved Search Results page
- Improved Language
- Improved Typography
- Improved articles latest module overrides
- AcyMailing from QuickStart Package
- ChronoForms from QuickStart Package
- Pagination overrides deleted (Path: html/layout/joomla/pagination)
- media.php overrides deleted (Path: html/mod_articles_latest/)
- mod_custom overrides deleted from quickstart package (Path: html/mod_custom)
v1.3.0: 31st August 2018
- Column Level Class and ID
- Users can use HTML tag in the banner title input field.
- Functionality to add Custom CSS and JS files. #15
- FontAwesome updated to 5.3.1
- Joomla 3.8.12 updated in quickstart package
- Register Login 1.9 updated in quickstart package
- Coming Soon page fixed
- Error page Typography fixed
- Debug & Error reporting is now working on the Error page
- Setting export functionality fixed for Firefox alt text
- Mobile menu issue fixed
- Body background color issue fixed in boxed layout
- Fixed menu assignment in quickstart package. #16
- Removed error.php file from template frontend folder.
v1.2.1: 16th August 2018
- Split title module chrome Added
- Performance improvement in the header
- Duplicating Astroid Template issue resolved
v1.2.0: 14th August 2018
- Custom Grid Options Added
- Section Color Options Added
- Sub level Menu Options Added
- Custom Social Profile Option Added
- Column Resizing Logic Updated
- Font Awesome Library updated
- Moved all astroid based templates params to #__astroid_templates table.
- Footer section renamed to copyright section and merged in the miscellaneous section
- Footer Color Option removed
- Bug Fixes
v1.1.3: 6th August 2018
- Social Profile list ordering
- Missing Social icons added in Social Profile list
- WhatsApp language Added
- Joomla 3.8.11 Compatible
- px, em, rem, pt, % Units added in Typography
- Banner Element Improved
- Frontend folder override functionality added.
- Language filtered
v1.1.2: 30th July 2018
- Frontend and Backend RTL Compatible
- Google font loading bug fixed
- Custom CSS and SCSS functionality added. (Now, you can create your own custom CSS and SCSS file)
- Bootstrap version updated to v4.1.3
v1.1.1: 23rd July 2018
- Removed Extra container from Stacked Layout
- VK Social profile Added
- Close icon(X) on off-canvas and mobile menu Added
- Sticky header Improved
- Favicon added on 404 page
- Removed default location and phone number from Contact information
- Removed extra margin on a logo from Stacked Style 2
- Main menu Color improvement
v1.1.0: 18th July 2018
- Section container layouts with more options
- Frontend editing overrides
- Column calculation with component area
- Added Banner Element
- Added Banner option in Menu item settings
- Added Flickr icon to the Social Profiles
- CRSF Token on post requests
- Astroid admin security
- Backend UI/UX improved
- Import/Export buttons for better positioning.
- Updated language file
- Some other bug fixed
v1.0.2: 3rd July 2018
- Critical and minor HTML bug resolved
v1.0.1: 1st July 2018
- Default Parameter updated
- Default parameter updated
- Off-Canvas and Mobile Menu bug fixed
v1.0.0: 28th June 2018
- Initial Release