Here is a record of all notable changes made in the Astroid Framework.
V2.2.3: 22th July 2019
- offline.php file added
- Placeholder added in icon class for custom Social profiles.
- FontAwesome files are now loaded locally and NOT via CDN.
- FontAwesome animations added in the preloader.
- Ability to disable keyboard shortcuts.
- FontAwesome Library updated.
- Sidebar header not collapsable upto laptop screens.
- Improved spacing between menu items after dropdown arrow disabled.
V2.2.2: 28th June 2019
- Smooth Scroll feature added. Demo
- Form folder added in HTML folder
- Now use keyboard shortcuts to save Astroid settings and clear cache, save the backend settings with Ctrl+ S and clear cache with Delete.
- Update FontAwesome v5.9.0 in Astroid.
- Updated the Drop down menu settings with better settings on arrow and other styling.
- Language improvements.
- You can now create folders with numbers in the folder name in the Media Manager
- Frontend article editing
- Open Graph settings are now visible at article level.
- Featured article count now visible.
Note: Patch file is only for those users who are using just one version older of the template and not for versions before that. Also upgrade the framework to the latest version.
Example: If you are using Astroid template version 2.2.1 then use the patch file to upgrade to v2.2.2. Not valid for v2.2.0 and before it.
V2.2.1: 14th June 2019
- Compatible with JD Builder & Quix.
- Set separate background colors for Sticky Header.
- Banner is now visible on the main page and all its linked pages
- Ability to use images(gif, jpg or PNG) as preloaders.
- Ability to load modules on the error page.
- Added label to the dates in a Blog.
- Joomla v3.9.8 Updated in QuickStart.
- Support for listing SVG, webp & tiff for images and ogg & webm for videos in the media manager. You still can’t upload SVG’s but if uploaded through FTP, they will be listed and can be selected through Astroid’s media manager.
- JD Profiler v1.2 Updated in QuickStart
- Media manager file path improved.
- Sticky logo on mobile issue fixed.
- Delete row button issue fixed. https://www.joomdev.com/forum/astroid-framework/3199-delete-row-how-button-disappears#15091
- Featured article listing is now fixed, giving you the exact number of leading, intro, column and links selected in the menu item.
- isis.js file is now only rendering for editor-xtd plugin popups on the frontend, thus ending the JS conflict with EasyBlog, JoomDonation and other 3rd party components that use tmpl=component for rendering.
- Minor known fixes.
V2.2.0: 6th May 2019
- New header layout added – Sidebar view
- Theming options added (user can now easily change the template theme color)
- Row level settings added to Layout
- Off canvas opening direction
- Background options added for 404 page
- FontAwesome v5.8.1 Updated
- 9 New Google Fonts Updated
- Mega menu active link color
- Language improvements
- Added the missing class “module-title” on split-title module style
- Missing color option on Background images
- Dropdown Arrow background color
- Removed the duplicate “/” from logo URL
- Minor known fixes
Note: After updating please read the post. Click here
V2.1.1: 5th April 2019
- Added row level setting option.
- Added Background Colour option for the background image
- Banner options improvements
- JD Simple Contact Form v1.3
- YouTube videos are now working.
- Language declaration in HTML tag
- Fixed Stacked Separated header style
- Mega menu “On Click” working for its submenu items
- Disabled the dropdown width for “Container” and “Full Width”
- Astroid menu icons visible after saving
V2.1.0: 14th March 2019
- Custom fonts (You can upload font files to the fonts folder of your template and can use them in Astroid)
- Ability to disable Astroid backend pre-loader (You can easily disable it via plugin manager. Search for Astroid Plugin)
- OG for all menu items enabled
- Added the hover and click options in megamenu as well as for the dropdown
- Menu Start and End Level on both mobile and site menus
- 2 New Preloaders added
- Blog Options also on Featured Articles
- Added the Gradient option in the layout editor and enabled all the other options(none. color, video & image) at each level
- Added French, German, Italian, Polish and Russian language translations for Astroid
- Joomla v3.9.4 Updated in QuickStart
- Register Login Module 1.11 updated in QuickStart
- JD Simple Contact Form v1.2 updated in QuickStart
- Font Awesome Library updated to 5.7.2
- Updated to Bootstrap v4.3.1
- Mega menu issues fixed
- Multiple custom badges on category layout now work fine within an individual color
- Custom CSS generated through typography is now written in a random CSS file instead of the output directly
- Frontend issues fixed
- getTemplate(true) issue fixed
- Joomla Menu Item Level image issue fixed
- Date-time picker fixed
- Coming soon time-zone fixed
- Typography Field minor bug fix
- Changed Read time icon
- astroidradio field now works in Popup too
- Improved the Mobile menu
- Custom SCSS file now working
- Fixed the alignment of Logo-text tagline
- Code editing popup now open to full screen
- Internet Explorer Menu styling now fixed
- IE Sticky menu fixed
- Frontend iFrame preview removed (future feature, was slowing the backend)
- jqery.jddrop.js file from the template folder. Path: astroid-template-zero/js/vendor/jqery.jddrop.js
v2.0.2: 3rd November 2018
- Overrides compatible with Joomla 3.9
- Fixed Mobile menu issue.
- Improved Articles badge issue.
- Improved Article rating issue.
- Improved Dropdown menu.
v2.0.1: 1st November 2018
- Added Global badge option in Article/Blog.
- Added option ‘none’ in the main menu and mobile menu (This disables the mobile menu).
- Joomla 3.9 updated in quickstart package.
- Animate.css updated to v3.7.0.
- Updated Google Fonts.
- FontAwesome updated to v5.4.2.
- Register Login module v1.10 updated in the quickstart package.
- Related posts view improved.
- Tag Positioning Fixed.
- Column level responsive settings bug fixed.
- Article rating improved. All settings are inherited from the Core Joomla Vote plugin now.
- Removed the duplicated modules_suffix class in the overrides.
- Removed _custom.scss file
- Removed rating.php file
v2.0.0: 16th October 2018
- Animation delay now possible on columns, section & element level.
- Added new blog article types: Astroid now comes with inbuilt integration for the following article types. Video :: Add YouTube or Vimeo video (demo: http://bit.ly/2yDmuhH). Gallery :: Create an image carousel (demo: http://bit.ly/2yGIDvB). Audio :: Add Sound Cloud or Spotify audio (demo: http://bit.ly/2OsaNF9). Review :: Add a review with rating’s (demo: http://bit.ly/2ynSerL). Quote :: Add a beautiful quote with author’s name (demo: http://bit.ly/2J0qYUj).
- Custom badges for articles (Editor’s Choice, Best Seller, Best Price, Hot. Trending, Custom)
- Open graph : Add custom open graph title, image and description for each article.
- Column responsive settings : Manage the width of each column for all bootstrap breakpoints.
- Contact information icon color picker added : easily change the color of the contact information section icons now.
- Custom color options in column level.
- Refresh button added in media manager.
- Menu module overrides added.
- JD Simple Contact Form added in quickstart package.
- JD Profiles lite added in quickstart package.
- JD SkillSet added in quickstart package.
- Added option to display social icons on coming soon page.
- Joomla 3.8.13 updated in quickstart package.
- IE11 compatibility issues fixed.
- Header Block module title issues fixed.
- Sp Page Builder compatibility issues fixed.
- Module title now displays for modules rendering in the Mega menu.
- Template COPY issue fixed (copying a template from Joomla template manager failed earlier).
- Improved Frontend UI
- Improved Backend UI
- Improved mod_articles_categories overrides
- Improved search module
- Improved Search Results page
- Improved Language
- Improved Typography
- Improved articles latest module overrides
- AcyMailing from QuickStart Package
- ChronoForms from QuickStart Package
- Pagination overrides deleted (Path: html/layout/joomla/pagination)
- media.php overrides deleted (Path: html/mod_articles_latest/)
- mod_custom overrides deleted from quickstart package (Path: html/mod_custom)
v1.3.0: 31st August 2018
- Column Level Class and ID
- Users can use HTML tag in the banner title input field.
- Functionality to add Custom CSS and JS files. #15
- FontAwesome updated to 5.3.1
- Joomla 3.8.12 updated in quickstart package
- Register Login 1.9 updated in quickstart package
- Coming Soon page fixed
- Error page Typography fixed
- Debug & Error reporting is now working on the Error page
- Setting export functionality fixed for Firefox alt text
- Mobile menu issue fixed
- Body background color issue fixed in boxed layout
- Fixed menu assignment in quickstart package. #16
- Removed error.php file from template frontend folder.
v1.2.1: 16th August 2018
- Split title module chrome Added
- Performance improvement in the header
- Duplicating Astroid Template issue resolved
v1.2.0: 14th August 2018
- Custom Grid Options Added
- Section Color Options Added
- Sub level Menu Options Added
- Custom Social Profile Option Added
- Column Resizing Logic Updated
- Font Awesome Library updated
- Moved all astroid based templates params to #__astroid_templates table.
- Footer section renamed to copyright section and merged in the miscellaneous section
- Footer Color Option removed
- Bug Fixes
v1.1.3: 6th August 2018
- Social Profile list ordering
- Missing Social icons added in Social Profile list
- WhatsApp language Added
- Joomla 3.8.11 Compatible
- px, em, rem, pt, % Units added in Typography
- Banner Element Improved
- Frontend folder override functionality added.
- Language filtered
v1.1.2: 30th July 2018
- Frontend and Backend RTL Compatible
- Google font loading bug fixed
- Custom CSS and SCSS functionality added. (Now, you can create your own custom CSS and SCSS file)
- Bootstrap version updated to v4.1.3
v1.1.1: 23rd July 2018
- Removed Extra container from Stacked Layout
- VK Social profile Added
- Close icon(X) on off-canvas and mobile menu Added
- Sticky header Improved
- Favicon added on 404 page
- Removed default location and phone number from Contact information
- Removed extra margin on a logo from Stacked Style 2
- Main menu Color improvement
v1.1.0: 18th July 2018
- Section container layouts with more options
- Frontend editing overrides
- Column calculation with component area
- Added Banner Element
- Added Banner option in Menu item settings
- Added Flickr icon to the Social Profiles
- CRSF Token on post requests
- Astroid admin security
- Backend UI/UX improved
- Import/Export buttons for better positioning.
- Updated language file
- Some other bug fixed
v1.0.2: 3rd July 2018
- Critical and minor HTML bug resolved
v1.0.1: 1st July 2018
- Default Parameter updated
- Default parameter updated
- Off-Canvas and Mobile Menu bug fixed
v1.0.0: 28th June 2018
- Initial Release