Want to create your own template using Astroid Framework? Or wondering how & where to begin with after installing Astroid on your Joomla? Enough of scratching your head now, below are the basic steps listed for creating your own template using the “Amazing” Astroid Framework:
- Go ahead and install the Astroid package(both Framework & Template) on your Joomla. Download Here!
- After installation, go to Extensions > Templates > Templates. Click & Open Astroid_template_zero Details.
- On Template Customize page, click on Copy Template button & Name the copied template as per choice(eg. jd_xxxx) & then click on copy template button.
- Now under template Styles you will see your newly created template on Astroid framework. Set this template as Default.
- After creating your own template, Delete the Astroid_template_zero from Style & Uninstall the Astroid Template_zero file from your Joomla.
- Start working on your newly created template with the different options provided by the Astroid Framework and style your astroid based template as you like.
- Once you have created your own template using Astroid then you won’t receive any updates of the framework only if you have removed the auto update code, else you will only see the Framework update & not the Template.
- You will now have to update your Template manually & if there is no auto update of the Framework then download & install only the latest version of the framework again on your site.