New users always find difficult to know the difference between a Joomla Template and the Quickstart packages. If you are one of them, please read our following article.
What is Template?
- A template gives you a site’s layout only.
- It doesn’t contain any sample data that quickstart includes.
- You should install template if you already have a running site or database.
What is Quickstart Packages?
- Quickstart is the exact template that is shown on demo site.
- Quickstart comes with all Joomla CMS files.
- And all extensions, sample data, and images.
- It is better to use quickstart packages if you do not currently have a website.
Note: if you are using Joomla Quickstart Package on existing website, all the previous data will be replaced with the demo data of the template. So if you are developing a website from scratch, only then use quickstart package otherwise use Joomla Template only.
However, you will notice for example that a quickstart file can be of 20MB whereas a template file is only like 2MB.