In Astroid v2.4.0 we have updated the Blog Options for the articles depending upon their views. This document describes the working of the different options in Single Article view only.
Firstly we need to know that every article has its own Blog Options that lets you manage the articles settings on your site uniquely, this comes as the top priority settings.
Next in line is Category level Single Blog Options. When there are different categories for different set of articles then managing every article with similar settings would be difficult there for we have the blog options at category level.
After this comes the final level in the Astroid backend that is the Single Article Options, that will manage each of the articles single view settings irrespective of their categories. That also includes some more configuration options like Article Rating and Open Graph to name a few.
The options at both article & category level are same as the ones in the Astroid backend settings in order to inherit its properties. The options listed are as follows:
- AUTHOR INFO- Choose whether you want to show or hide the info about the article’s author below the content or not. If not then choose inherit.
- RELATED ARTICLES- Choose whether you want to show or hide the articles related to the parent article or not. If show, then you have to set the following options:-
- ARTICLE COUNT- Choose the number of related articles, either Inherit meaning the count set for that category of articles or the number listed in Astroid settings, or Custom means add a number only for the specific article.
- RELATED ARTICLE TYPE ICON- Choose whether you want to show or hide the post type icon on the related articles, or inherit its value from Astroid settings.
- RELATED ARTICLE BADGE- Choose whether you want to show or hide the article’s badge on the related articles, or inherit its value from Astroid settings.
- READ TIME- Set whether you want to show the read time or hide it from single article view. This does not affect the article’s read time in List view.
- SOCIAL SHARE- Configure the social share for every article from the Astroid settings, but here you can choose to Hide it for that specific article.
- COMMENTS- Configure the comment section for each article from the Astroid settings, but here you can choose to Hide it for that specific article.