Since the release of Astroid 2.4 we hear that after updating the sites are crashing either the frontend or backend and sometimes both not working. Though we tried to make sure that the update would go smooth but as they say things don’t really go as per plan.
The main reason for the breakage is a major rewrite in the core library of Astroid, which is very important to keep in mind the future of the framework. In this document, we are providing few solutions to some of the common error people are facing while updating the Astroid Framework.
Your update went smooth, but the frontend doesn’t seem to work or any option is not working. It gives an error message like Error 0- Call to a member function get() on null or Framework not found or Error 404 or others.
In this case if you haven’t made any custom changes in the template files then:
- Update the Astroid Framework & Astroid template Zero.
- Delete Options folder (Path: astroid_template_zero/astroid/)
- Delete frontend folder (Path: astroid_template_zero/)
- Delete jui, vendor folder and script.js file (Path: astroid_template_zero/js/)
- Delete astroid, bootstrap folder (Path: astroid_template_zero/scss)
As you updated the Astroid framework & template the backend crashed and now you cannot access both backend & frontend. Here you will get errors like Error 500: Library not found or Error 0.
In this case go to the folder structure of your website and make the following changes:
- Delete astroid.php file from plugin. (Path: plugins/system/astroid)
- Refresh and check the backend, if working then download and install the latest Astroid Framework & template files only.
- After installation simply clear all the cache.
Updated the Astroid framework but the Astroid based templates (JD Coax, JD Fitness, JD Servx etc) doesn’t seem to work. It gives an error message like Error 0- Call to a member function get() on null or Framework not found or Error 404 or others.
In this case after updating the framework, make sure you do the following change as well:
- Update the template you are using for your site be it JD Finance, JD Fitness or anyother.
- And clear all the cache.
We have updated all our Astroid based templates to Astroid 2.4 version. In case of free templates you will get the auto update in the Joomla update manager but in case of paid templates you will have to download it from the Download Manager and then install it.
If still after applying any of these solutions the site doesn’t work then you are free to post your query on our Forum we’ll be happy to help or you can even mail us with your site details on [email protected].